Saturday, May 28, 2005

Homesick

I'm really starting to feel the homesick feeling. Not so much for America in general, but just for my family. It started when Sara and Esther left for Alexandria for a week and a half. They have been my fill in sisters here in Cairo. So without them I really started missing my real sisters and my brother. Well, Sara and Esther came back, but the homesick feeling has stayed. You know it's bad when you are at a gorgeous beach, swimming in crystal clear waters, but the only songs you can think to sing are "I'll be home for Christmas", "Somewhere Out There", and others of the like.
Well, Mary, if you are reading this blog. This morning I spent three hours (at least) building a replica of our future beach house. Wish you could have seen it. It was enormous and had a garage and a big porch balcony and a pool and a hot tub on the roof. We had a garden in the backyard. But unfortunately, the tide came in and washed all my hard work away. No matter, we'll build a real one someday. Even if we get married, we'll need a beach house so we can have a place to go when we need to get away from our husbands, right? And if they are on good behaviour, maybe we'll invite them to come sometimes too. I love you. I miss you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was at the beach last week...i thought of you alot. i cant wait to have our beach house..i think about it all the time...i love you and miss you..talk to you laters!
-mary rachel

Dottie said...

Hi Angie, I am not sure how to contact you, but I would like to! Comment back with your website or your email address and I promise to not post it. Or if you are on face book you can friend me. I have my name as Dottie Mae-Lee Meyers there. Thanks for writing me!