Thursday, May 05, 2005

On My Own

So now my blog is no longer attached to the church's website. So I am excited and nervous. Excited because I think that the only people who read my blog there were people who either went to the church or have lived with me in the past two years. So I think it's more likely for others to stumble across my blog at this location. I'm nervous because what if nobody reads it at all. But, that won't happen... right? I mean I am far to interesting to be abandoned just because I've moved and I'm not attached with to the downtown vineyard website.
Anyhow, I recently got a new teacher for my arabic lessons. She is so great. She kicks my butt four hours a week and I feel like my rate of learning has sped up by leaps and bounds. Which is really good because I don't know if I can afford it after June.
Now on to a totally unrelated subject. I have to share with you all what a heel I am. It was unintentional, but I feel like a jerk nonetheless. The scenario is this, a friend of mine from church rushed home to England a few weeks ago because his mother was sick. She has been sick with cancer for a while and the family has not been expecting her to last much longer. So he's in England and I haven't heard any news on him or his family. I send him an email asking how he and his family are and let him know that I have been praying for them and all that sort of thing. Well, he emails me back and says something to the tune of it's good to have all the family here, friends have been very supportive, and I'll be back a week from Sunday. So I think ok, there's no significant improvement, but no significant decline either. In an attempt to cheer him up a bit I sent him a Dilbert e-card that I thought was funny. Well, as it turns out his mom had passed away, but I just hadn't been told. Apparently he sent out a mass email, which I didn't get, letting everyone know that she had passed. So I found out too late, after the goofy e-card, what had happened. You never know, maybe he will enjoy the card, maybe it will be something that makes him laugh. Even if he thinks it's stupid and doesn't laugh at all, I hope he doesn't think I'm an insensitive jerk.

1 comment:

Mike L. said...

You can run, but you can't hide. You are definately NOT on your own.