Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pencil Me In

For all you Augustans, I am playing at R.Gabriel's on Friday night from 8-10pm. Pencil it in your schedule if you can. I'd love it if any of you can make it.

Nashville was fun. Mary and I stayed at a small hostel. We met two young, fanatical, Bilble beating girls from PA. We met a Scotsman who was so polite that when he got ditched by the two Bible beaters, only to be stuck at Starbucks with a pastor he just met who was trying to convert him for 5 hours, he just sat there and listened to the man and prayed that if there was a God he would make it all end. We met an Australian who was exactly what you would imagine an Australian to be, fun-loving, good-natured, but not loud or over-bearing, just laid back. Australians are great. And there was Gina. She runs the hostel and was really great. If anyone is interested in a good place to stay just outside of Nashville, I reccommend River Retreat Hostel. It's cheap, it's clean, and it's a hell of a lot more interesting than a boring old hotel. Anyway, Mary and I did the zoo and an art museum/botanical garden. We had some good sister bonding time. I'm glad I got to come home this summer.

1 comment:

WoundedHealer said...

Sounds like fun Dottie. Sorry that we'll miss you playing. We're going to FL to visit Jen's 'rents over the weekend. Have fun!