Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Wanted Dead or Alive

It seems that I have become a fugitive of the law. While I was away, I was called to jury duty. I never responded, because I obviously didn't get the letters. So I get a notice in the mail today informing me that I must show up in court on August 4th or there will be a warrant for my arrest. Lovely.

In other news, my car broke down this week as well. It's all fixed now, but geez. I'm in town for one week and it falls apart on me. Markus (a guy I work with) and I decided that my car was mad at me for abandoning it and now it's payback time. It's possible.

The week hasn't been a total loss though. I've spent alot of time with my older sis. I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I finished rearranging/cleaning the kitchen, living room, dining room, and front hall of my parents' house. And tonight I ran into a friend I didn't really expect to run into while I was here for the month. We sat and talked and had dinner at the Bees Knees. It was one of those nights where you felt a bit like you were starring in a movie. Does that make sense? It was just such an unexpected pleasant suprise that it didn't even feel like it was my life. But silly me, I should know by now that life has tons of little suprises for everyone everyday, and that includes me.

No comments: