Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Unexciting Life

I'm bored. Not even one week into summer and I'm bored. Not a good sign. My lack of a life is so terrible that I am actually going to blog about a tv show I've been watching. Mark this day on your calendars because it will probably never happen again.
A while ago, one of Sara's friends sent her a couple of seasons of Felicity. Out of boredom I have watched some of them this week. In general the show (like most tv shows) drives me nuts. Felicity, obviously the main character, makes the stupidest decisions. And you are sitting there thinking are there really people this dumb out there walking around diguised as normal and maybe even intelligent individuals. All that to say that I thoroughly enjoyed one episode in particular. Felicity gets a stalker, which is ironic because at the beginning of the season she was a stalker. So this guy shows up from out of nowhere who had a crush on her when they were 12. He openly admits to anyone, including Felicity's boyfriend, that he came to get a kiss from her. She tries telling him it's not good timing because she is involved with someone. He persists. She ignores his phone calls. He persists and shows up at her work and at her classes. He pleads for her to meet with him and finally, not knowing what else to do, she agrees. So they go out for dinner and he tries to persuade her that she has become someone that she never wanted to be and if she were with him, blah, blah, blah. She gives him a final no way buddy as they are on their way out of the diner. He starts to walk away, but turns around while still walking away and says "Ok, I admit I lost this battle, but I am in no way out of the picture." And at that moment he gets hit by a bus. It has been a long time since I have laughed so hard from a tv show. That's one way to get rid of a stalker I guess.

4 comments:

Jen! said...

OMG - that is HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Dottie, you're in EGYPT!!! I don't want to hear that you're bored young lady! Oh and I love reading your blog...don't slack off like I did...always keep writing!! Love you, miss you.

Dottie said...

It's crazy I know. I'm so used to working that the idea of having a whole summer off is really great, but I just don't know what to do with myself yet (that's mostly due to a lack of money). No worries, I'll find some way to keep myself occupied I'm sure. Love you and miss you too!

Anonymous said...

you are half way around the world or we are considering how you look@ it sodont be writing about tv shows write about life
oh yeah dont get slack like ang