Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Did It!

I feel like the bravest woman alive. I called the lawyer and told him about my Chapel Hill plans. Despite my plans to move, he still sounded interested in hiring me! Woo Hoo! We'll see how it all works out.
In the afterglow of one brave act done (and turning out not too painfully), I was inspired to do another brave act. Call a boy. I met this guy at the Soul Bar last Friday. There was 80s music and lots of dancing. At the end of the night he gave me his number. So today I worked up the courage to call him. The outcome. . . I think I have a datish thing this Saturday. Scary. I despise dating. I don't really know this guy. He was fun to hang out with last Friday, but will we have anything in common outside of a love of 80s music? Possibly, possibly not. We shall see.
p.s. I always feel like a big retard on the phone. I never know what to say. I am more of a functional phone user, not a social phone user. sigh.

6 comments:

hanson said...

Yaaay...you go girl...get the digits. Oh...and functional is quite all right too...glad it's not just a man thing.

Amie said...

Hey, I have been thinking about you, congrats, on both accounts! I think that you made the right decsion about telling your employer. So how did the interview go besides that? Blessings, Amie :)

Dottie said...

The interview went very well. I really think that I have a good shot at this job, despite the moving and everything. So I am pumped. Thanks for thinking of me!

Anonymous said...

Hey dottie-
sounds like you're working hard on the new years resolution...you fo' shizzle inspire me :)
love
sara

Dottie said...

Yeah, following up on your New Year's resolution isn't so bad when you are resolving to have more fun! Glad I could be an inspiration.

patrick | steed said...

props for telling the lawyer about chapel hill. i could have backfired and it didn't, but you went through with it.

MMMMad props.