Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Moral Dilemma

At my interview yesterday, I failed to inform my prospective employer that I plan on moving in five months.
Before going to the interview, I had shared my situation with others whom I respect and (I think) have good judgement. I got mixed responses. Some said I should definitely just go ahead and lay it out there and trust God with it. Others said that if I was asked, I certainly shouldn't lie about it but there is no reason I should feel like I have to bring it up.
My conscience told me that I should follow the advice of the former group of people. I wanted to, but I didn't want to. I tried to, but I failed. Now I feel like a jerk. The moment that I start to get happy about the prospect of getting this job, my joy is robbed by the thought that I somehow got it in a dishonest way.
So now I know that I really do need to tell them. Otherwise it will eat me up for the entire five months I am there. This is still all assuming that I am offered the position, which hasn't even happened yet.

No comments: