Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I rang in the new year here in the windy city. Chicago is a breath of fresh air. I love big cities. I love the diversity. I love the cultural mix you see all around you. I love the bustle. I love the tall buildings. I love the old buildings. I love the people watching. Chicago is a beautiful place.

Our hostel is fine. True, it is not quite the Radisson. However, what it lacks in comfort it makes up for in other ways. We (me and the Kauffmans) have a room to ourselves, but still all around you can find young travelers from all over the world. The people that run the place are friendly and helpful. On top of it all. . . internet access!

So what was I actually doing at midnight last night? I went to a little jazz club called the Green Mill. We heard some amazing musicians, but I have to admit that it wasn't my favorite style of jazz. I like swing and big band. This was glorified elevator music. Don't get me wrong, the guys were amazing on their respctive instruments, I just wasn't a huge fan of that style. I still had fun though, because I was with good friends. We ate Mexican food, sipped on Margaritas, contemplated New Year's resolutions, and then toasted and hugged as the clock struck 12. Good times.

No comments: