Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Wedding

was fabulously wonderful, beautiful, joyous, etc.

Ken and Barbie (better known as Craig and Erin) tied the knot yesterday. I hope to post some pictures soon for all you Cairo people who were unable to be there.

Ed and I had bets going on each other to cry before the other. We both won and lost. Neither of us cried. Him because he is a guy and guys just don't cry at weddings. Me because I was thinking evil/mischevious thoughts the whole way through the ceremony, which left me trying to stifle the urge to laugh out loud.

The reception was not too big, but fairly posh. Open bar (sweet!). Full dinner, not just munchies. They had a DJ and we all danced the night away. I had forgotten how much I love dancing. Guess I'll just have to go out and do some more dancing tonight for New Year's Eve!

Today we leave for Chicago. The we includes myself, Sara, Esther, Ed, Markus, Julianna, and 3 or 4 more people involved with the wedding that I really don't know. We will be staying in a hostel, which will be cost efficient but probably quite a change from the Radisson I have been staying in for the last three nights. There is talk of us going to listen to some 80 year old sax player tonight, but who knows what will happen. It's Chicago on New Year's Eve. Who knows if we will even be able to find the place. So, I plan on being spontaneous :) and up for just about anything.

No comments: