Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Woo Hoo!!!

Miraculously, my computer is now working ok with Beta. . . for the moment. So maybe my posts won't be quite so few and far between.

A few more recent events from my life over the last three weeks. . .
1. I am now certified in fire safety, CPR and first aid. It was a requirement for my daycare job, but good skills to have in general anyways.
2. I got asked out on a date by my CPR instructor. He was, however, the typical completely-out-of-the-question type of guy that always seems to be drawn to me. This one was about 50-55 years old and married with two teenage kids. Why me? Why, why, why? I mean, do I really look like I'm interested in adultery, particularly with someone who is old enough to be my dad. Don't answer that question.
3. I am chomping at the bit to go to Chapel Hill. I am getting kinda sick of just having that transitional feeling. The past eight years of my life have just been one transition to another. Maybe that's just the way life is and maybe that's good. Maybe if I felt too settled I would get bored/depressed/discontent. Don't really know for sure, but at the moment it is kinda frustrating and hard to really be here in Augusta. It's hard to really put work into a house that you will leave in a few short months. It's hard to be motivated at a job that you know is short-term. It's hard to begin new friendships with people you know will not be a part of your life not too far down the road. All that said, I do know that being here for now is a good thing in many ways. Family. Old friendships. Preparation for the move and the church plant. And there is always the fact that we can find meaning and purpose in life anywhere and at anytime, I believe, if we have our eyes and ears open for it. Now I just have to beat the temptation to close my eyes and ears.
4. I had car troubles this week. . . or I thought I had car troubles. About a week ago my clutch started acting funny all of the sudden. I began to worry that it was giving out and needed replacing. Perfect timing for car trouble. . . Christmas time. Oh yeah, I have nothing better to do with that few hundred dollars but fix my car. So I waited for my paycheck last Friday and then I took my car into the shop and had them look at it. They said nothing is wrong. I know I'm not crazy. My clutch is acting weird, but if the experts are telling me that it's ok and I don't need to pay them gobs of money. . . well, I'm inclined to believe them. So hopefully it is fine and my clutch doesn't give out on me anytime soon.
So I think that's about it for me here lately. Hope life is treating you all well.

No comments: