Monday, December 18, 2006

Perhaps the newness of having a job has worn off entirely. . . but I really wish I didn't have to go to work today. Part of it is just that Esther is in town and I just want to spend all the time I can with her before she leaves. Part of it is that I'm pretty sure that my boss doesn't like me at all and that always makes for a fun work situation. I'm not entirely sure what I did to earn this dislike, but she seems to think I am in cahoots with the teacher from the three year old class to try and overthrow or at least undermine her authority. Yes, yes, you heard/read me right. And why wouldn't we be forming an underground posse to take over the daycare? I mean it seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Anyhow, something is definitely wrong with my car (thank you very much Gunn Automotive). I am highly suspecting that there is a leak somewhere in there dripping out my clutch fluid. The good news is that it is driveable for the moment. More good news is that I do have some money saved up to handle this. The bad news is that if I don't get it fixed asap. . . it is not road trip worthy. More bad news is that if I do get it fixed asap, there is a chance that it might eat so much into my savings that I won't be able to afford my road trip.
Also, the screen on my cell phone has disappeared. There is a short or something and I have to see if I can get it fixed or buy a new one. So if I don't call you and we need to talk about something for any reason. . . call me, because I probably can't find your number on my disfunctional phone.
On top of all that, my gas bill this month was $451. So that sucked royally and basically negates the fact that rent at my house is really cheap. I mean I found it particularly unbelievable due to the fact that we DON'T EVEN HAVE HEAT IN THE DOWNSTAIRS SECTION OF THE HOUSE (thanks to the lovely person who stole our heating and air unit). So it costs that much to heat two rooms upstairs apparently. On top of that we haven't even been showering at our house. We've been showering at my parent's house (that is until this past weekend when I finally had the money and motivation to buy a shower curtain). Neither do we have a dishwasher or a washing machine, so really $451/month to have heat in our bedrooms. Why did I leave Egypt? Somebody please tell me. Sometimes it just feels like you can't win.

1 comment:

Will said...

That's what our gas bills were like on Telfair! Old houses suck.

And if you need to borrow a car for road trip purposes, let me know. You can take the hybrid and save on gas, too. I do need to get the oil changed, first, though.