Saturday, December 23, 2006

End of the Year Review

At the end of each year, it can be fun to look back over the past year and think about your accomplishments, the events you managed to survive, your struggles, your victories, your funny stories, your close calls and even your failures. Today I started my list of such happenings. Here's what I got so far, in no particular order.

*Finished painting my room and got it set up so that it actually looks like a bedroom and not just two mattresses on the floor, two suitcases with clothes spilling out in every direction, a CD rack and an alarm clock. (This was finally completed today. . . yay!)
*Completed my first year of teaching (and still loved it by the end).
*Successfully down-sized all worldly possessions to fit into two suitcases, a guitar case and a carry-on bag.
*Wrote 5 new songs.
*Resided in my parents home for 2 months and we all lived to tell about it.
*Survived a terrorrist attack.
*Hosted my first family Christmas in my own home (well, that hasn't quite happened yet).
*Moved three times and maintained sanity (for the most part).

No comments: