Monday, January 22, 2007

Life Feels Like The Movies

It's true. Sometimes I feel like I am just part of an on going movie. One of those ones with the multiple plots, like Love Actually or even one of those TV drama series or (God forbid it!) a soap opera.
I was struck by all the plot lines going on around me. My sister's pregnancy. My mother's struggle with her career. A member of my church family passing on, and the grief her family is now experiencing. Other friends dealing with major health concerns, decisions on their life's direction and the list could go on and on. Plot line on top of plot line and it all somehow connects and interweaves. It amazes me sometimes. The complexity and delicacy of life and living.
For my plot line in this series/movie, I am waiting on pins and needles to hear back about the job. Whatever the outcome, I will be content. Also, I went out on a date last Saturday. This was my first official date in about three years, I think. Considering that I got so nervous on the way to meet the guy that I almost threw up, the date went really well. We did the art museum and walked around downtown. We went to dinner and a movie after that. It was like a marathon date, lasting approximately 8 to 8 and a half hours. So that's a good sign right? And he called yesterday. So that's a good sign too. The not so great part is that he is studying for a major exam this weekend and the next weekend I'll be out of town. So we might not be seeing each other again for about three weeks. I suppose that's not wholly bad. Forces things to be taken slow, which is exactly how I like it. Enough about all that. I'll write soon. Hopefully with news on the job front.

1 comment:

Mike L. said...

I often think I'm in the movie "the Truman Show". That usually happens when I'm getting too spiritual and I figure any minute my boat is going to run into the edge of reality and there will be a whole group of people laughing at me for believing my imagination was real. When I was a kid I couldn't help thinking that the big curtain in my church was like the one in "the Wizard of Oz" and any minute someone would tell me that God was really a preist standing behind the curtain pulling the strings.