Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Job Lead!!!

My friend Alice is a star. I have a job lead for a real job. By a real job I mean a job that has $25,000/year salary, benefits and semi-respctable. The guy wants me to call him tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me. The daycare and my crazy boss are driving me insane. Not to mention that I feel like I am wasting myself everyday at that job. It sucks. It's a dead end. It pays crap. I don't think I can even take it for the six months I have left in Augusta.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you might want to really consider developing a personal policy that where you do not under any circumstances talk about the people at your job. There are many sad bloggers who have done so and now deeply regret it.

peace,
& regards,

The friendly, unsolicited, anonymous, advice giver

patrick | steed said...

um, and where is it?

Dottie said...

anonymous,
You speak words of wisdom, but in this particular situation (unwise though I may be) I don't care. My boss already doesn't like me and I don't feel like I have much to lose. What's the worse that could happen? I get fired. Gee, I would cry all day about that (said in a highly sarcastic tone).

Pat,
It's with a lawyer here in Augusta. I know, I know what you're thinking. What about Chapel Hill? Chapel Hill is still on like donkey kong.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie!
I must say, I've been there. And yes, it truly sucks. I took a job as a nanny when we went back to Canada. It wasn't that the job was all that bad even - I just felt depressed, and like all the great talents I had were totally being wasted. In hindsight, I realize it was really good prep for what lay ahead. Take each opportunity to serve...but hey, I feel your pain! this too shall pass!
Love,
Heather :)