Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The End of an Era

Today I turned a page in my little book of life. This particular page ended the chapter where I feel generally humiliated everytime someone asks me what I do and I have to say that I am a lunch lady. I left work today with quite a smile on my face. The smile stayed strong despite the fact that my car had to go in the shop today and it is costing me $350. The smile stands firm even though I am battling a cold. The smile doesn't give in to current hormonal imbalances. The smile cares not that sometimes I have expectations of others that they cannot or do not care to live up to. The smile is here and I'm not going to question it. I am only going to enjoy it.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow. This year I am determined to do something really great for at least one of the many people I really love. I just now determined this. So now I have to decide who and what. hmmm. That's a tough one. Also, I am taking myself out on an "I-love-you-self" date. Does anyone else ever do that? Or am I just incredibly self-centered? Anyhow, it has to be a cheap/free date for myself since I just put all that money into my car.

This weekend I am going to Chapel Hill. I am quite looking forward to that. A weekend with Rodger and Angela. A weekend to check out my future city of residence. A weekend to get excited about the adventure I am about to embark on. Yay!

3 comments:

Mark Jaffrey said...

oooh, oooh, pick me, pick me!!

Amie said...

I am so proud of you Dottie! have fun in Chapel Hill this weekend.

Dottie said...

sorry Mark. . . you are too far away. But I am telepathically sending you lots of Valentine's Day love.