Sunday, February 11, 2007

Writing on the Wall

You were a star the night we first met
A star that shined deep into my eyes
Between me and you, I saw the hope of something new
The hope of something true, between me and you
And you shined deep into my eyes
And you burned deep into my eyes

But I couldn't read the writing on the wall
And I couldn't see the handwork on the halls
It said in the end, we were sure to fall

We weren't half bad the night when we kissed
You thought I was crazy for being nervous
I went home alone, feeling confused
Worried that I was just using you
And you thought I was crazy for feeling nervous
You thought I was crazy for feeling nervous

But I should've read the writing on the wall
And I should've seen the handwork on the halls
It said in the end, we were doomed to fall

I wasn't a wreck the night I lost control
I just found out I could be so cold
And you couldn't love me much at all
You went home confused, wondering why
I would spend myself on you
When you couldn't love me much at all
You wouldn't love me at all

But I wouldn't read the writing on the wall
And I wouldn't see the handwork on the halls
It said in the end, we would learn to fall


This is another song in the works. The creative juices seem to be flowing at the moment. I've written three songs in the last month. It feels good to be writing again. I was writing quite a bit when I first got back to Augusta at the end of last summer. But the writing seemed to come to a halt as I got busy with my various employments. So after a three month dry spell I am finding some inspiration again. The only bad part is that I am consistently finding that I write sad, somber, depressing music. I want to change that, but how? Well anyways, I did write one worship song too, so that one is not too depressing (neither is it overly cheerful).

No comments: