Friday, June 24, 2005

Post-Party Poetry

Last night I went to a going away party for my friend Markus. I had a great time. Everyone seemed to have a great time. There was music, dancing, good food, plenty to drink, and, most importantly, some of my favorite people in the entire nation of Egypt. I had a few drinks and felt the "agape love" the entire night. Later in the evening, four of us went out dancing and continued to have a good time. The time passed quickly, as it always does when you dance the night away, and before I knew it my freinds dropped me off at the apartment at around 5:15am. But after such a fun night, it was hard to go to bed. It's nice to recount the events of the evening and relaugh at people jokes and the silly pictures we took. When I recounted the events of the night I inevitably came back to the fact that my friend Markus was leaving. This thought made melancholy. Keeping in mind that the drinks had not yet left my system, I was inspired to blog last night. I sat down at my computer and had no idea what to write. I was also beginning to get very tired. I wrote a poem or at least the start of a poem. It was about wishing people could stay and remembering all the things you forgot to tell people and then they are gone and it's too late. I remember thinking last night that it was beautiful, just beautiful. But I was too tired to finish it and so I saved it and (thank the Lord) I didn't publish it.

This morning I woke up, showered, started a new book, and then remembered my blog. So I got on the computer and read my "masterpiece". Wow. DELETE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moral of the story, never ever publish blogs written while under the influence of alcohol or sleep deprivation.

As a side note, the incident made me fondly think back on a night in Augusta when Angella, John, and I sat at Stillwater Tap Room writing peotry together. Genius, it was sheer genius.

2 comments:

RedPita said...

BUI (blogging under the influence) is a bad, bad idea. Just say no to drunk posting!

Anonymous said...

THAT was a great poem. We were so brilliant that night.