Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Satisfaction

Have I mentioned that I love teaching? I had such a good day today. Today I taught a math class, a Bible class, and a social studies class. The math class was just exhilerating. I was teaching first graders how to add and subtract two-digit numbers. This is a totally new concept to these kids, but they all got it... with no problems! Even the little girl who struggles everyday in math. It just clicked and they had no problems. It felt so good. Also, my Bible lesson went well. The kids were focused (well as focused as a seven year old can be). I was enthusiatic about the lesson (it was on encouraging others). And Social Studies was another success. The kids were again focused and on task and enjoyed the work I gave them. Of course all of this is not really important to all of you. You're probably reading this and saying "whoopedy-doo, Dottie." But to me it is really, really satisfying. I really have found my place.

3 comments:

Dottie said...

Aaaaawwwww, thanks Will.

Anonymous said...

im so happy for you...and i cant wait to find my place=) love you
_mary rachel

Sarah Sansbury said...

Hey,

That is so awesome... Teaching is a preety amazing thing.. and you are a an amazing lady!

Found a picture of you as a Christmas carolor. :) LOL!

MIssing you!