Saturday, June 11, 2005

Wake Me

This song has been on my brain today.

There is a dream that I get lost in
It's everyday of my life
Everything here comes in so loud and clear
And I never think to think twice
________________________
I try to wake up, to feel the real above me
But still I sleep walk through these motions of the mind
Until one alarming day
When heaven's first chair trumpet plays
And this whole world gets, finally,
Fully redefined
______________
It feels just like dreaming
I almost believe it
Just tell me I'll wake up
Forever one day
And it's just temporary
The things that I'm seeing
Till You touch my shoulder and wake me
Would You wake me forever someday?
_________________
I try to wake up, to feel the real above me
But still I sleep walk through these motions of the mind
Until one alarming day
When heaven's first chair trumpet plays
And love rings like a dinner bell,
Like a wake up call
Like a fire alarm
_________________
Will You wake me forever oneday?
_____________________________
I don't really have any fully formed thoughts on why this song is running through my head now and the significance of it (so prepare for me to ramble somewhat incoherently). But as a person who believes in more than this physical, temporal world, I love this song.
My last blog was about how I tend to zone out of reality quite regularly. To me, this song is about our struggle to not be so zoned in on our "reality" on this physical world. And it is a struggle. It's all about balance. We are here for a reason. So we do need to be an active part of this physical world, but it should be in perspective. There is a whole other reality out there. We, for the most part, don't see it. But it's there. It's more real, more lasting, more crucial than our "reality".
So that's my thoughts on that. Any body else have some thoughts?

2 comments:

m0tasim said...

hi there , just browsing around for people living in maadi, today was a terrible day for me.. and right now i am absolutely bored to death and imagine me just talking and talking making no sense...
anyways, talk to you later!..
motasim
here is something for you!..

my heart breaking flower


i meet a place in my dreams ,i never saw before
this place is so wide and far away, but has no open door
it's always dark over there ,as if a never ending night
where i can only see a single spot ,under the faint moonlight
a single beautifull flower inside, standing there alone
forever waiting and waiting for, the never coming dawn
i see it tired and weak, with her colors fading away
i fear i never see it again, standing another day
how can i reach you ,my dream flower, just how can i
i see no routes that will lead to, the place where you lie
i can do nothing but watch , your colors fading out
that beautifull color you once held, is now white as cloud
so why have you blocked all the routes, that reach to your heart
why have you killed my loving heart, why have you broken it apart
i still remember a time, when we where together
my heart surrendered to you, and bowed to you forever
can i just run towards your land, my lovely flower
can i just hold your tender hand, and lead you up my tower
where you will be far as you stay, from all you ever saw
and i will keep your fears away, with borders that i draw
i'm ready to bleed my life and die, just to make a change
so i could for once see you smile, and break the solid chains
that had you bound and trapped for long ,away from all the light
far from a place where you belong, chained away so tight
i will forever try to touch you , no matter where you are
i will forever die to reach you , i will never be that far
please make my life worth something, and fight away your tears
i want to see you strong and standing,when that cold night clears
and always remember me my flower, for once upon a time
there was a loving heart with power, a love so genuine
and all it wanted is for you to be, as happy as you see
in your far away dreams, my love, that heart belongs to me
a heart caged in my chest, wishing it could be set
as free as a bird to follow you ,on routes that you had led
to reach a place in my dreams ,i never saw before
this place so wide and far away, but has an open door

Jen! said...

Hey Dottie!
It is so crucial to our beleifs, yet I so easily forget that what we see is only a fraction of what really IS. Lord, give me eyes to see.....