Wednesday, June 21, 2006

On My Own

Well my other roommate left today. She is gone for a week, then back for a day and then gone till after I've already moved back to the US. So really I'm on my own for the next three weeks when Esther comes back. There are pros and cons to having an apartment all to yourself.
Pros
1. You never have to worry if someone else will be using the shower when you need to use the bathroom for any reason.
2. You can walk around naked.
3. You can play guitar in the middle of the night and not worry about bothering anyone.

Cons
1. You are lonely.
2. You don't have anyone to come home to and share your day's events with.
3. You eat alone.
4. Suddenly the fact that you don't have a functioning tv really, really bothers you.
5. If you are kidnapped or eaten by wild dogs, no one will know.

I'm not used to living alone. For the majority of my life I haven't even had my own room. I'm used to people just always being around. These next three weeks will be strange I think. So Cairo friends, if you think of it have me over for dinner so I'm not so lonely. . . please.

2 comments:

Kareem Henein said...

I wish I could cook, but I can make you some good tea, the best I can do :D

Dottie said...

You're a doll. We must do tea sometime soon then.