Monday, June 05, 2006

Ticket Home

I bought my one way ticket home today. It was a bitter-sweet feeling. I am always excited about traveling anywhere. I am definitely always excited to go home. I am excited about school. I am sad to leave Cairo, my friends here, my church here, and my job here. Sigh. OK, enough sentimentality. The plane ticket was rediculously priced. For my ONE WAY ticket I spent aproximately the equivalent of what a guy would spend on an engagement ring for the woman he loves. . . two months salary!!!! Granted my salary is very, very low, but still the price was a robbery. What do ya do? Oh well, it's done and over now. I am officially flying back to the U.S. on August 7.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dottie I know I'm a lousy friend who can't keep up with her email....but I am so glad you're coming home. If you aren't too jet lagged, maybe you could have a birthday glass of wine with me at Bee's knee's or something. Can't wait to see you and hear all about Egypt!

Anonymous said...

It’s good for you to live among your family, relatives and friends MEANWHILE It’s hard for the people who used to see you regularly STOP seeing you again.
I hope you get nice life in your homecountry

Dottie said...

Angella,
Yes!!!! I definitely want to celebrate your birthday! I will call you the moment I get back in Augusta!

Newmonzer,
There are so many things I will miss about Egypt, I can't even begin to name them all. Thank you for your internet cafe. You help me stay in touch with my family and friends and write on my blog!! You are great!

patrick | steed said...

YEEEEE HAWWWWW!!!!

Kareem Henein said...

Sounds exciting for people who will welcome you and a bit sad for the people you will have to say good bye too. Hmm, I guess thats life "sweet & sour" Wishing u all the best :)