Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Anti-Midas Touch

Super Powers. . . I personally believe we all have some sort of super power.

I have at least two.

1. The ability to make people want to give me free stuff without asking for it.

2. The Anti-Midas Touch.

What is the anti-Midas touch you ask? Everything I touch turns to crap.

I inherited this power from my father (possibly the only trait I inherited from my dad).

Do you want proof of my powers? Let's just take a look at my car. I got this car by means of my first super power. Unaware of the force they were up against, Alice and Bee Jay relinquished their old vehicle to me. And when I say this vehicle is old, I mean it is a '92 with 351,000+ miles on it. Despite it's age and the miles it has driven, when they gave me the car everything was working perfectly, aside from an occasional problem getting it started. I have had this car for less than two weeks. In that time I have broken the battery cables, the radio/tape deck, the air conditioning, and dealt with the "occasional" starting problem on three different occasions. I am waiting for the windows and sunroof to be the next things to go. Then the car will be completely undriveable in the Georgia heat.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

. . . and then God reached down and healed my car's A/C today. Yay! I wasn't really looking forward to the heat stroke coming my way.