Monday, August 13, 2007

Another Reason I Have the Best Boss Ever

Let me preface this by saying that before I was hired at this job, I told my boss that I had plans to move to North Carolina. . . I just didn't know when it was going to happen. After I was hired, he and I discussed it a few times and he gave me some contacts for possible jobs and such, but beyond that I haven't much seen the point of bringing it up since I still had no definite departure date. So he has either (a) forgotten or (b) thinks I decided not to go. So with that said here was our conversation at work today. . .

Boss: There is this guy that I really want you to meet, but I'm not sure if he's good enough for you.

Me: Why would you say that?

Boss: Because you're Dottie and you're like part of my family.

So leaving this job is really gonna suck. Not that I'm having second thoughts or anything, but it still suck-suck-sucks!
----------------------------------------------
Somewhat related to that, still no definite word on the job in NC. I am waiting with great anticipation for the final word.
----------------------------------------------
Somewhat unrelated, my best friend Sara is now in Atlanta getting ready to begin law school at GA State University. I'm going to visit her this weekend!

2 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

No, Dottie, you know what sucksuckSUCKS!!!!!???? Being the last ones here. But Mike got an email today and they want to meet him face-to-face this week. they are looking to hire immediately!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....so our departure date may be the same as yours, we can caravan! As for living arrangements, you are welcome to camp with us in Rodger and Angela's backyard....call me soon!

Anonymous said...

I don't know.... sounds like you have a pretty good job here....