Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The One Where Dottie is Scared, But Ready to Go

Last week I was feeling a little discouraged about the whole job and moving situation. I had another call back about a job, but when I told them I was not in Chapel Hill already they told me to give them a call when I was there. So I was talking to God that night before I went to bed. I was telling Him I was discouraged and I really needed some encouragement and I asked Him to please speak to me in my dreams. I prayed this, not knowing whether He would or would not, but figuring that it couldn't hurt to ask, right? Well the dream I had that night went like this:

I am in my car, pulling out of a driveway onto a main road. So I reverse out of the driveway and onto the street, so far, so good. Then I put the car in drive to move foward. However the car just keeps going in reverse. I try to stop and the car just keeps going in reverse. I'm freaking out and cars are coming towards me and I can't stop and I can't go forward and then I wake up.

Someone who is better at communicating with God than I am, please tell Him, for future reference, that was the opposite of encouraging.
_____________________________________
But despite my decidedly opposite of encouraging dream, I am committed to Chapel Hill. I am ready to be there. I have been ready to be there for months now. I am to the point where I think I will be putting my notice in at work soon and just go, job or no job.
The hard part will be putting my official notice in at work. I love my job. I love the people I work with. I love the person I work for. It is going to be very hard to officially tell them I'm leaving.
_____________________________________
On a completely unrelated note, I loved those Jesus videos. Not that I like to make fun of Jesus. To me they are poking fun at stereotypes of Jesus and Christianity. So I hope everyone isn't out there seeing these on my blog and think that I am a complete blasphemer. But if that's what you think, oh well. I can't please everyone all the time I guess.

2 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

i love that you have the balls to post the vintage 21 jesus videos...i think god laugh at the way christianity is often times percieved! kindof like he is saying, sheesh, people lighten up!
love ya, call me looks like ch is in the distant future for us...explain more in person...have a good trip, goonies at our house (and beer, since we couldn't watch it and drink beer when it originated w/o DFCS arresting our 'rents)...

Anonymous said...

I think he's telling you to go back...back to Cairo where we miss you...and need you!
Heather