Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Good Weekend After a Not So Good Week

I'm pretty sure that the job I thought was in the bag is a no go. I bummed pretty hard on Wednesday and Thursday. I know there are other jobs out there and better jobs and full-time jobs and something will happen sooner or later somehow. But after 70ish resumes out, this was my first call back, my first actual possibility. I got really excited. I began seriously looking at apartments online. I started planning it all out and, you know, it just became really real to me for a couple of days. And then it turns out that the lady didn't call a single one of my references and she didn't return my call on Thursday and for a moment or two I just felt like all my dreams and plans had just been taken away. It's silly, I know, but it that's just how it felt for a little while. But I'm bouncing back now.
Yesterday, I had dinner with some dear friends of mine Pete and Jen. We hadn't really connected for quite sometime and it was just so good to catch up. Then I went out with a fairly new friend of mine Jeremy. We went to the Fox's Lair to hear some music (which was so-so) and then we went to the Firehouse and just talked. One thing I just love about Jeremy is that he really enjoys talking and talking about real stuff too, not just small talk.
Today, I got a rental car and came to Atlanta to visit with my darling Sara. When I come to visit Sara, the first two hours are just spent venting frustrations, confessing sin, sharing worries and excitement, and just generally talking until we go hoarse (or at least I do). So now that we have gotten all the verbal diarrhea out of our systems, we are at a coffee shop. She is studying for her classes and I am playing on the internet. It's a good weekend and I needed that. So, yay.

No comments: