Monday, August 20, 2007

A Break From Productivity

Well, I have been really productive tonight and I need a break. I consolidated my student loans, made payments on my student loans, renewed my car insurance, balanced my check book, tweaked my resume to apply for a position as a long-term substitute teacher, searched through classified ads, and I am about to write some cover letters and email my resume to a few more places tonight. But right now I need a break, so I'm thinking some Top 3 Lists are in order.

Top 3 Things That Happened This Year That Were Completely Unexpected
(In no particular order.)
1. LaGrange College sent me a letter stating that I had paid them too much money and they gave me a check for a little over two hundred dollars! Woo Hoo! I really never thought that would happen.
2. My boss has given me a total of about a week and a half of paid vacation and paid for my plane ticket to California and given me a $250 bonus! I mean that's just crazy nice.
3. I was employed as a lunch lady. That's an example of bad unexpected.

Top 3 Ways to Get Your Friends Who Never Return Your Calls/Emails to Return Your Calls/Emails
(In no particular order.)
1. Announce on facebook that you are in an "open relationship".
2. Send a text message instead of leaving a voicemail. I don't know why this works, but I have at least two friends who will almost never answer or return calls, but they always respond to texts. It's a mystery. (In defense of one of said friends, his phone sucks.) Then again, I have one friend that doesn't even respond to texts, and in that case. . .
3. Wait for them to have a birthday, wedding, or baby. They'll call you when they want presents or to be taken out for a free meal or a free drink. (This is sad, but true.)

Ok, enough tomfoolery. It's back to the grindstone for me. Have a good evening!

No comments: