Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Worship Conference

I'm back from my wonderful two and a half days at a worhip conference in Marietta. The conference was great. There were some really great workshops, excellent music and worship times, good speakers, good people and an all around fun time. I did learn some new things, but this conference also opened my eyes to alot of aspects about being a worship leader that I haven't even thought about. Honestly, it was pretty intimidating and I'm scared that I'm not going to be a good worship leader, but here I go anyhow. I guess I'll just try to give it my best and expect, that even with my best efforts, I will fall flat on my face on more than one occasion. I will also do my best to remember that God's grace is sufficient despite all my defficiencies.

Anyhow, any time you have a group of people together all day for three days straight you are bound to come back with some good quotable lines. Here are a few. . .
"I think God smells like bacon." -Jeremy Gimble
"Led Zepplin experimented with some really wacked out time signatures. That was probably because of their direct connections with satan." -Dave Milligan
"Notify your face." -Mike O'Brian
"When you smile, your whole face smiles." -Wilfred Cuthbert to Dave Milligan
. . . and basically anything Adam Heare said or any facial expression he made was guaranteed to make me laugh. I had forgotten how funny that guy is.

2 comments:

patrick | steed said...

i'm totally sad that i didn't make your funny quotes list. however, i wasn't really having a "funny" weekend, you know. getting my face kicked in and all.

so, i'll live.

Dottie said...

Just for clarification for all my readers, it was not me who was kicking Pat's face in this weekend.

Pat, you know you always make me laugh, except for when you frustrate "the dookie" out of me (as Jan Smith would say).