Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

Last night Rodger, Angela, and I went out to Chapel Hill's big Halloween event downtown. It was fun. There were about 70,000 people there and most of them were all decked out with their halloween spirit (there were a small percentage of creepy men who came out with the obvious purpose of gawking at all the scantily clad females, and make no mistake there were plenty to be gawked at). But there were lots of really fun, creative costumes. Rodger dressed up as a rubiks cube. Angela was a suggestion box. There was a group of girls who dressed up as manetic poetry. There was one couple who dressed as Thing 1 and Thing 2. My favorite costume choice was a group of about 6 college age guys who dressed up as tetris. They each picked a shape and it was awesome. I dressed up as Cindy Lauper, since I had no money to buy the makings of a new costume and I already had a great 80s outfit from my regular visits to the Soul Bar for their monthly 80s night. Not to mention, I have great 80s hair. It is one of my super powers.

3 comments:

Amie said...

pictures?

My name is Dianna said...

Miss you bunches! I am sure you looked great! Once I get over the pukes, I intend to go to 80's night just so I can get my prenatal aerobics in--in honor of you, of course! And, yes, you do have an incredible superpower! Your hair is totally rad!
BTW, we took our girls trick-or-treating last night for the first time and guess what! We have not felt the wrath of GOD! They had a blast and now I am wondering how many pounds of skittles, m&m's and blow-pops I should let my girls eat? I am glad y'all had fun! Your costume next year--you could be a bag of candy...I will share my superpowers of making awesome, clever and CHEAP costumes...
LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

Just a couple of random comments...my mom used to set the timer after dinner for 20 minutes and we would shove as much candy in our mouths as we could in that time...then we had to go brush our teeth!
And Dottie, eighties or not, your hair is awesome. I echo Amie...pictures??
Heather :)