Thursday, November 22, 2007

Last night I had some wonderful friend therapy with my good friend Shelley. Ah the beauty of friendship. We carry each others joys and sorrows around with us. When my good friend struggles, I stuggle. When my good friend is given good things, I enjoy those good things too. Luckily Shelley is going through a fair amount of good things in life these days, so talking to her got me to smiling and laughing so much that I could forget all my stress and worries for awhile. Friendship truly is a beautiful thing. On this Thanksgiving day, I am here to give thanks for it.

I am also going to say that Shelley mentioned a dream I had back at the end of August. So I searched my blogs this morning to reread my dream. I am not someone who believes that every dream I have is prophetic or God's voice speaking into my life, but this dream in particular did seem to give me a picture of how this whole Chapel Hill experience is going thus far. Unfortunately, the dream did not come to any sort of ending, happy or sad. It was one of those ones that seems to stop in the middle and you never see the ending, like it took a commercial break at the pivotal moment and never came back or like there should have been a "to be continued" sign that appeared after the last scene. Maybe I should pray for God to give me part II of the driving dream. Here are my imagined endings for this dream: (1)my car dies, a handsome stranger stops to fix it or give me a ride, and we end up taking a trip to the Red Sea to go scuba diving; (2) my car stops, I restart it, it suddenly starts working properly, and I go forward as I intended to from the beginning; or (3) a driver taken off guard smashes into my car, ambulances rush me to the hospital, but the best modern medicine can do for me is leave me as a vegetable for the remainder of my time here on earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling Dottie,

I do not have your email address, but mine is redpita@gmail.com.

Please email me with your home address. We have something to send you :)

Thinking of you inexplicably this holiday weekend. Hope you are feeling well.

-Rita