Friday, November 09, 2007

A Weekend Back Home

I can't wait for Chapel Hill to feel like home, but I'm just not there yet. I must admit that Augusta is still home and Chapel Hill is this really cool place that I am staying at for the time being. I think I will eventually feel at home in Chapel Hill, but it will take some time and some change in circumstances. For example, it's hard for a place to feel like home when you really only know about five people there and only two of them do you consider close friends. It's hard for a place to feel like home when everyday is a big question mark (will I get job today?, will I get lost today?, will I meet someone new today?, will I sit around bored to death all day?), meaning that there is no real routine in my life there. It is hard for a place to feel like home when you are living in someone else's home. On top of that it's hard for a place you've lived in for one month to feel like home when you compare it to a place you lived in for over 14 years. So I am trying to patiently wait for Chapel Hill to become "home".


But for right now Augusta still feels like home and home is where I am for the weekend. After my disappointing week, my darling little sister told me to come home and she would foot the bill for gas and a ticket to go see the Avett Brothers (one of our favorite bands). It's good to be home and be among family and friends. It's good to have days so filled up with activity that I have no idea how I will get everything accomplished that I want to get accomplished and how I will have time to see all the people I want to see. But the best part is HUGS and lots of them.

No comments: