Saturday, August 13, 2005

Killing Time

Nearly an hour till I have to go anywhere and I'm just killing some time. I could read or go socialize with my parents and their slightly odd friend they have staying here. But the computer called my name before I even thought about doing the other options. So here I am.

It's just a few days till I go back to Cairo. How do I feel? Maybe a better question would be what am I not feeling? I'm happy, excited, expectant, nervous, sad, relieved, overwhelmed, confused, not quite ready, and oh-so-ready all at the same time. I can tell you a few things I am ready for. I am ready for (1) using my mind in a productive way, (2) seeing Sara and Esther, (3) getting started on my recording project, (4) playing Settlers of Catan at Dom's house, and (5) cheap groceries. I can tell you a few things I am not quite ready for (and probably never will be). I'm not ready for (1) saying good-bye to all my Augusta friends and family for another 6 months, (2) missing my sister and brother each having their first child, (3) saying adios to good Mexican food for 6 months, (4) teaching first grade, and (5) making a budget and sticking to it so I can fly home for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soon there will be Mexican food in Maadi, Cairo. I have a Mexican American friend from Dallas, TX who plans on starting a Mexican food restaruant in Maadi. He cooks very good authentic Mexican food.