Thursday, August 11, 2005

Responsibility. . .what's that?

The family drama has come to a head in my household and I don't know how much more I can take. I won't go into all the details, but let's just say that (as usual) I get thrown in the middle and forced to play the role of mediator. Everybody thinks that I am the right person to "vent" to. A word of advice to you all: when you need to just vent about someone or a situation, go to a person removed from the situation. When family members vent to me about other family members it makes me feel responsible to try and make things right between the two of them and I can't. It's their problems, their arguements, their issues. By telling me all your feelings on these situations you are going through, it is impossible for me to stay unbiased and just be a listening ear. Please, for the love of God, leave me out of it. And hey, still even better, why don't you just talk to that person instead of everybody else?

All this drama is making me crave time away from family, though I love them dearly. Luckily, I am scheduled to go out with Angella, Kim, and John Borroughs tonight for some good, just-like-the-old-days hang out time. I am so ready for it. Tonights free drinks will be provided by 1102. Ladies get free apple martinis between 9 and 10!! Which is fabulous because I am broke beyond belief and up for drinking a bit irresponsibly tonight. So apple martinis here I come!

1 comment:

Dottie said...

I had a great time tonight. John, Ang, and Kim are the best buddies a girl could ask for. Oh, and John, I'm keeping my eyes open for that girl for you. I love you all.