Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Love my Job

Today was a good day at work. My class was exceptionally focused and hard-working today. The one kid who always freaks out on me and throws temper tantrums, destroys my classroom, and anything else he can do to either get attention or get out of doing his work was still his usual disfunctional self. But it was all ok. The rest of the class wasn't even bothered by him and so neither was I. I let the classroom assistant work with him and I went on with my lessons as though nothing was wrong. It was beautiful. I came home from work feeling like a really enjoyed the kids today. Like they actually listened to me today. Sigh. I love my job. Another highlight of the day was the morning devotion for the kids. Our kindergarten teacher led devotions this morning. It was about being thankful. She had the kids write a Psalm thanking God for. . . whatever they wanted to. Kids are so refreshing. They are thankful for the little things. It doesn't take much to make them smile and think that life is good. Their Psalm consisted of things like . . .
Thank you God for my cat
Thanks for my brother and my mom
Thank you for snow
Thank you for buttercups
Thanks for butterflies
Thank you for my new pants with the flowers on them
Thanks for my friend Danny

I aspire to be like kids and always appreciate even the little things. Thank you God for my job. Thanks for the Kauffmans. Thanks for my family. Thanks for plane tickets home for Christmas. Thanks for stupid jokes that make me laugh too loudly. Thank you for friends that come over for dinner. Thank you for the endless possibilities that the future holds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie,

Hope you don't mind a stranger chiming in on your blog. I spent a year in Egypt back in '98, and enjoy reading/commenting on blogs of folks living over there now. Particularly like your blog as I'm: a) a Ga boy, and b) an avid diver. Rather proud of the fact that I logged 88 dives in the Red Sea during my year in Egypt! Have to admit Dahab is one of my, if not the most, favorite places in Egypt. Both to visit and dive! Like the laid back atmosphere, and the incredible dives. Did you dive the canyon? It's on the way to the blue hole (dive the blue hole as well?) I'll have to dig out my logs and to remember all the other sites there.

Hope you are able to master the whole blogger pic thing, am looking forward to pics of your trip to Aswan/Luxor. I loved those places. Did the whole river cruise thing (which unfortunately cost an arm & leg), but it was great! Even my wife (who hated Egypt) loved it.

Well good luck over there, wish I could get back that way myself; it was one of the most interesting years of my life.

Cheers
Tater

Dottie said...

Well, I've only got my open water so far. So I'm technically not allowed to dive the Canyon or the Blue Hole yet. Unfortunately for me, I am one of those follow the rules kind of girls. If I was a bit more adventurous maybe I'd do it regardless. Hopefully I can get my advanced certification in the near future. I am at a whoping 8 dives so far. But I do love it. The Red Sea is breath taking. That will be one of the things I miss most when my time here comes to an end.

So where do you call home in GA?