Friday, October 14, 2005

Seven

This blog was inspired by Wendy's blog, Pat's blog, Emily's pumpkin carving night (which I didn't get to attend), Sara's cell group, and a phone conversation with Gary.

Seven things I want to do before I die. . .
carve a pumpkin
visit Morrocco
visit Italy
master another language
learn how to make good mixed drinks (they always end up too strong, too sweet, too sour, too anything but good)
write a book (even if nobody reads it but me, I'd still like to do this)
learn how to ride a bike

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Est-ce que tu veux etudier le francais avec moi? (I think that means do you want to study french with me....ask Sara) And what the heck is settlers of catan? I miss you girls! Love you's!

Wendy said...

You cannot ride a bike? I taught my daughter to this year. She caught right on. Get on the bike, but have the seat low enough to keep your feet flat on the ground. Then, don't pedal, but push yourself around with your feet. When you begin to get used to the feel of some balance, you can start to pick your feet up. Push longer, coast longer, pick your feet up longer and before you know it, you can pedal away. It's just a matter of getting a feel for the balance. You CAN do it!

Dottie said...

I have braking issues. How do you master that? My former methods of stopping have included running into cars, trees, or just falling over.

Wendy said...

LOL! Ok, you can get the "old fashioned" sort of bike where you back pedal to brake. OR ... drag your feet till you slow down enough to toss the bike and jump off .......... or, as you're coasting around doing the foot thing I described, try working the hand brake at the same time. Slowly - not too quickly or you'll end up over the handle bars and I cannot have that on my conscience!