Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Gypsy and John Denver

Well, I'm off to the airport in about 6 hours. I've been packing and cleaning most of the day. I must say that I really do feel like a gypsy. I can fit all of my belongings in two suitcases (and these aren't even the really huge suitcases), one carry-on bag and a guitar case.

I tried to post some pictures from my party the other night, but this computer is slow, slow, slow. So pictures will have to wait until I am at a speedy computer.

For the last month this John Denver song has been playing through my mind. . .

My bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

The dawn has broke, it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you will wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go. . .

So long Cairo. I'm sure this is see you later and not goodbye. I'm just not sure how long the later will be.

No comments: