Monday, August 21, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

The other night I was watching tv with some friends. It was a news program, but it was one of those news-with-a-comedic-spin shows. So they start talking about this new movie coming out "Snakes on a Plane" (yes, the trailors show that it will be as stupid as it sounds, see Pete's blog on it from July 5th for more). So anyways, it turns out that the phrase "snakes on a plane" is now a phrase we can use in everyday conversation. Apparently, "snakes on a plane" is another way of saying "that's life and it stinks, but what can ya do about it". They used an example on the news show.
person 1: How are things?
person 2: Well, I spent the night with a hooker and contracted an STD.
person 1: Dude, that's snakes on a plane.

So I vowed that I would start using this phrase in conversation. I succeeded!

Me: So Mary, how are ya?
My little sis: oh, I feel horrible. I've got cramps and I'm all bloated and my back hurts.
Me: Geez, that's snakes on a plane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to catch the Samantha Bee report of "Snakes on a Plane" on the Daily Show last night? It was sooooo funny. Samual L. Jackson made an appearence (to try to salvage his career, perhaps?) and KILLLED! I think it will rerun this afternoon, at 7, I think?