Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Misery Loves Company

I hope all of you are feeling better than me. I have a cold and it is pretty much miserable.
It started last Saturday. I had two days of feeling fine except that my voice was completely gone. Then it really kicked in. My voice got a little better, but I started to feel sick. You know, the achy, runny nose kind of sick. Then it got worse. The sweating non-stop, headachy, congested to the point of being unable to breathe kind of worse. Finally, I broke down last night and bought some drugs to ease my pain. They are working ok and I am starting to feel like a person again.

There are a couple of things about being sick that just baffle me. One is how you constantly feel dirty when you are sick. It doesn't matter if I just brushed my teeth five minutes ago. My mouth feels covered in grimy film stuff. It doesn't matter if I showered an hour earlier. I constantly feel greasy and sweaty and generally gross. Why is that?

The second thing that happens is that I go mental. I can't remember anything. In fact, I can't remember when I last showered or brushed my teeth. . . so that might have something to do with why I feel so nasty. Also, I am like manic-depressive. Yesterday, I sat over at Chelsie's house watching movies all day long. I was sitting there by myself either laughing hysterically at the movies or crying hysterically. Good thing I was by myself.

Alright, I'm outta here. I will go brush my teeth and shower now, while I still remember to do it. Remember that sick people love to have sympathy. If you get the time, send me an email or give me a call. I love you guys and gals.

No comments: