Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Quick Hello

I'm just writing a quick update on my whole moving-back-to-GA-and-moving-back-in-with-my-parents-experience.
It is really good to be back with my family. I've spent time with all of them except my brother-in-law and my brother and his family. I'll hopefully see my brother and family tomorrow, and Jim. . . maybe I'll cook dinner for him and Jules tonight. Anyhow, everything is going well with my family, which is actually truly suprising. Little sis has a decent job and doesn't seem depressed and isn't constantly surrounded by the most horrible "friends" imaginable and isn't in jail. . . what else could you ask for? Older sis is doing great with her baby and hubby. Mom and dad are on a crazy reprieve and haven't done anything completely outlandish yet. I came home and felt like I had stepped into the wrong household. I felt like my family is actually kind of getting normal and stable. It's just so wonderful and weird.

I've seen a few friends, but not too many. I figure I'll see alot of them at church this weekend. I've seen my buddy Angella and her mom. Angella is my oldest friend outside my family. We have been giggling and acting like idiots together since we were 11. Seeing her and talking to her is like a breath of fresh air. It was her birthday on the 7th, so we went out for dinner on the 8th.

I've spent some time with Lisa and her family. Lisa is one of my most supportive friends and a very old friend as well. She would do absolutely anything for me. She has been my crazy friends since I was 13 and she was 12. It was her birthday yesterday, so I spent the whole day with her and then went with her to her parents' place for dinner. Her dad is already trying to set me up with somebody. Good Lord help me.

I stopped by my old job and saw a few friends there as well. It's good to catch up with people.

Well, I think I'm gonna go be productive now and clean my parents' house and fun stuff like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come and get your hair did at my school.

Dottie said...

Thanks, but I just got Lisa P. to do my hair. Could I get my eyebrows did there?