Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Funny Story

This is a funny and not so funny story I heard today. I laughed, but then felt guilty about laughing at what could have potentially caused a good deal of harm to someone.

One of the teachers I work with rides her bike everyday to school. Some of my friends were talking about the dangers of bike riding in Cairo. I mean the traffic here is unreal. The drivers are crazy. There are no rules of the road (or at least none that anyone pays attention to). But now it seems that it's not just the drivers you have to watch out for when riding your bike. The pedestrians can be just as bad. My teacher friend was riding to school and rode past a crippled man on crutches. As she rode past, he flung out one of his crutches to trip her up. Isn't that horrible. . . and completely funny. I might be sick, but just the image of a cripple throwing out his crutch at an innocent passerby was somehow really funny to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WoundedHealer said...

Hey Dottie,

That's funny, in a blurt out and snort laugh kind of way. I couldn't hold it together if someone had told me that.