Saturday, September 03, 2005

Movie Reviews

Lately I have been lazy. Well, at least I spend all my energy at work and when I get home I don't want to do anything but veg. So I veg in front of the TV. I've watched about a billion movies over the last few days and I just thought I'd let you know what I thought about some of them.

Father Goose- a classic Cary Grant film. Cute, funny, but not his best work.

Bewitched- Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman star in this movie. Ferrell is a self-centered actor who is redoing the old show Bewitched. Kidman is a frustrated witch who wants to be a normal person. Ferrell spots Kidman at a book store twitching her nose, and he persuades her to be his costar. This is a chick flick. It's cute. It's funny. But I was slightly disappointed with it and I don't know why.

Dodgeball- Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn star in this comedy. It was hoo-ha-larious. If you are in the mood for a stupid comedy of Zoolander genre, this is a great choice.

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason- Renee Z., Colin F., and Hugh G. What can I say? The first one was better, but the second one had it's shining moments. This sequel seemed to be one of those that just repeated the same jokes that were hilarious in the original, but by the second time around had lost their element of suprise. But Colin Firth is gorgeous, they use one of The Darkness' songs, and did add a few new interesting twists. So on the whole I like it.

Little Black Book- Britany Murphy stars in this complete waste of time. Don't see this movie unless someone actually offers you money to do it. I want my hour and a half back!

Bride and Prejudice- this Baliwood take on Jane Austen's classic is set in modern day India. This movie had me in tears laughing the first time I saw it. I freely admit that it is a dumb movie and that most of the rest of mankind wouldn't even find it funny. But none the less, I loved it.

No comments: