Friday, September 30, 2005

Is it too late?

Is it too late to quit? We've only met two weeks as a cell group and I feel like I'm causing more harm than good. I hate leading things. I'm much more of a support type person. And when you are leading a group that you are actually the youngest person in, it doesn't help matters. I feel so shallow, so inexperienced, so like I have nothing to offer any of these people. And yadda, yadda, yadda . . . I know that it shouldn't be me offering them anything, but the holy spirit and all that. But doesn't that seem like one of those Sunday school responses?

The Holy Spirit should be working through me and ministering to them. The group should not rest entirely on my shoulders, but everyone should bring something to offer (I just organize and facilitate). But this is all theoretical, not necessarily reality. The reality is that I have been really busy with the start of school and quite honestly my Quiet Times have been very irregular and when I do sit down my brain is always spinning with the other things I should be or could be doing. So I wonder how I'll ever hear the HS if I'm not listening. The other reality is that the group is in the beginning stages and my "support system" is a bit handicapped from the get go. I should have an assistant, but my assistant is gone for six weeks. Of course it is the beginning six weeks when I need her the most that she is gone. So I'm feeling a bit like I am out there on my own trying to do something that I can't do.

So the question is . . . is it too late to quit?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

No, it is too early!

Dottie said...

That's high praise. Thanks Will.

Anonymous said...

Dottie -
AS I look back on these nearly 3 years of intense cell stuff I've learned that staying available and prayful is all I can do. I (and you)don't have to worry about the rest. Dottie, it's your glow that comes from loving God that ministers to others including me.
Rosemary