Saturday, September 17, 2005

Too busy for stupid stuff

One of the really good things about my life here and now is how busy I am. Admittedly, sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed and like I have no life (I am usually sound asleep by 9:30 or 10:00). But on the whole it is good to be so busy. I find that the normal stupid things in life still happen. You know the things that you were kind of hoping for that just didn't work out. Given the opportunity, I would ponder on these things and bemoan why they didn't happen the way I thought they should. However, life right now doesn't let me do that. I have too much going on, too much responsibility, too many more important things to give myself too.
At the end of the day, we only have so much time, so much energy, so much of ourselves to give. We can give it to selfish worries, doubts, etc. Or we can get out and do something that really means something. It's really nice to feel like I have something more meaningful to do than to worry and feel disappointed.

5 comments:

patrick | steed said...

hey we aren't having kinship tonight. so, you know, don't show up.

(get it? cuz you're in Cairo? haha.)

Dottie said...

ok, I'm glad you are keeping me posted. Don't get too crazy since you don't have Rodger and Angela to keep you in line tonight.

patrick | steed said...

actually i was with them. our friends that have been in morrocco for the last couple of years came home and we were having dinner with them.

Anonymous said...

Apart from a small group of 4 ladies that lasted a couple of months, I never lead a group either until I reached MCC but I was 3 decades older than you. I am so happy for you Dottie. These opportunities to grow in spiritual leadership just don't happen very often (especially for women). What's good here is the support system that helps you.
rosemary

Dottie said...

Thanks for being so supportive Rosemary. You are really right, and I hadn't really thought much about it before. But people, and especially women are not allowed leadership and are not given the opportunity or the encouragement to grow the way I've seen here at MCC. That is definitely one of the biggest strengths of this church body.