Thursday, September 08, 2005

Maria McKee

I bought the soundtrack to Pulp Fiction not too long ago. So now I have a new thing for Maria McKee. I have to get some of her albums. This is the lyrics to her song on Pulp F. It's called "If love is a red dress".

My heart is empty.
Your eyes are dull.
Once we were hungry,
Now we are full.
These ties that bind us,
Can't beat these chains.
If love is shelter,
I'm gonna walk in the rain.

You were my angel.
Now, you are real.
So like a stranger,
Colder than steel.
The morning after,
You know what you bring.
If love is a red dress,
Well, hang me in rags.

Away.
There goes the fairy tale.
Lord, ain't it a shame?
In all this comfort,
I can't take the strain.

If we played even,
I'd be your queen.
But someone was cheatin'.
And it wasn't me.
I've laid it on the table,
You held something back.
If love is Aces.
Give me the Jack.

1 comment:

patrick | steed said...

Pulp Fiction rules. I love the soundtrack because it has clips of the movie and that makes me happy.

I hope Egypt is going well for you. I'm sorry your students are sad, but if anyone can cheer them up I'm sure you can.

Rock on, Dot.