Friday, September 16, 2005

A thought

Today at church something the pastor said struck me and I just thought I'd share. He said that problems don't create character, they just reveal it. I have tended to think of people who have suffered more as being the people who have the best character. But I think this guy might be right. There are people who have suffered enormous tragedy and handled it by stepping on others around them and just blindly grasping for anything and everything with no thought for others and no thought for consequences. But others in similar circumstances might show enormous generosity, perserverance, etc. Just a thought.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

"Problems don't create character, they just reveal it." ... wonderful quote and so very true. I enjoy your blog. I suppose I've been "lurking" by not commenting and only reading, but this post struck me, just as the comment had struck you. I hope you don't mind, but I may post this quote on my own blog ... giving your post credit of course. Best regards.

Dottie said...

Quote away. I'm flattered you read my blog.