Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Night at the Opera

Last night I went to the opera. I went with Sara, Edward, Emily, and Reagan (I'm not sure if that's how you spell her name) to see Aida at the Cairo Opera House. It was wonderful. I loved it, loved it, loved it. I was pleasantly suprised by this opera as the last one I went to there (Le Nozze de Figaro) was not up to my expectations. This opera they actually did in the original Italian. The sets were very nice. The costumes were good. And most importantly, the singing was amazing. The kind of singing where you close your eyes and you are in a different place. So it was possibly the best 35 LE I've ever spent (that's somewhere in the neighborhood of under $7). Oh, did I mention that we had third row seats in the orchestra section?
The only marginally annoying thing about going to this opera was the fact that it didn't start until 9:00 pm. Why would they do that on a Monday night? Thursday or Friday, I could understand, but Monday???!! Did they realize they were putting on a four hour opera? Do they realize that people have to wake up and function the following morning? But, all things considered, it was still totally worth it.

No comments: