Sunday, July 23, 2006

Alex Part II

So here is another blog I wrote a few days ago. . .


I’m still in Alexandria and I’m still completely enjoying the apartment, the sea and the sun. The only thing I could think of that would make this trip even better would be internet access. As it is, you will be getting this post about three days after it was actually written (maybe two). But no internet is a small price to pay for all this rest and relaxation.

All the quiet and all the lack of busyness gets me to thinking. For me this can be really good or really bad. At this point, a large portion of my thoughts are on going home. I think about obvious things like where will I get a job, should I work full-time or part-time (since I want to go to school as well), and what extra activities will I get involved with. I wonder how long I will stay in Augusta. Will I settle down now? I don’t think so. I don’t feel ready for that. Will I be there for the two years I tentatively planned on being there for or will I change my mind and drift on to somewhere else sooner than originally planned (possibly California with Rosemary and Sara)? Will my family feel hurt if I do that? And then I think about the down sides of moving from place to place gypsy style. I get that sense of loneliness. I feel like wouldn’t it be better if I had someone who was going with me to all these places, someone who would be a constant fixture in my life. Honestly, this is the first thought I’ve had about marriage, since I don’t know when, that made me really look forward to it and not just dread it. Maybe I’m growing up or maybe I am regressing. I think there is a fine line between the two sometimes.

No comments: