Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Drama Factor

The drama factor in my life had gone from 0 to 60 in the last three weeks or so, but it finally seems to be coming down now (please, please, please let it be so). It was just one thing after another with me saying something stupid and hurting someone or me (with the best of intentions) just making a bad judgement call or me being publicly humiliated. So now (fingers crossed) all the people I upset are no longer upset with me. Fortunately, my bad judgement calls seem to be smoothing themselves out despite all my stupidity. And the humiliation, well, that's really up to me to just get over it and get over myself. So I'm doing my best.

In other news, only 9 days till I am back in Georgia. I am an emotional roller coaster at the moment. I feel horrified at the thought of leaving Egypt for good. I feel like I am so ready to see my family that I might burst out of my skin. I am dying to be immersed in my own culture. I am dreading being immersed in my own culture. I feel this. I feel that. I feel. I feel. I feel. At the end of the day I am so sick of feeling, I just can't feel anything at all. I need some clarity.

1 comment:

WoundedHealer said...

I'll give you a big hug when you get here. Jen and I love you:)