Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Simpsons

The Simpsons: an endless source of genius quotes, an all-American classic, a great way to bond with other like-minded, sarcastic Americans (and Brits who like to laugh at the laziness and stupidity of Americans). Here are a few quotes for your entertainment.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"

"Dear Lord: The gods have been good to me. For the first time in my life, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. So here's the deal:
You freeze everything the way it is, and I won't ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. OK, deal. In gratitude, I present you this offering of cookies and milk. If you want me to eat them for you, give me no sign. Thy will be done."

"Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."

"I know what you're saying, Bart. When I was young, I wanted an electric football machine more than anything else in the world, and my parents bought it for me, and it was the happiest day of my life. Well, goodnight."

"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them, gone bowling with them, watched them pass me over for promotions time and again. And I say... This stinks!"

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!"

"God bless those pagans."

"Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy."

"It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day."

"I can't believe it! Reading and writing actually paid off!"

"Don't let Krusty's death get you down, boy. People die all the time, just like that. Why, you could wake up dead tomorrow! Well, good night.

"America's health care system is second only to Japan... Canada, Sweden, Great Britain, ... well all of Europe. But you can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay!"

"The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favorite simpson moment is when Homer decides that he is no longer attending church. One Sunday morning, he makes a waffle, wraps it around a STICK of butter and then goes...
"hmmm butter" and bites into it...a butter burrito..its so gross