Thursday, July 13, 2006

The General Update

1. Esther is back in Egypt safe and sound. Revo(one of our friends) and I had tried to suprise Esther by picking her up at the airport, but it all went miserably wrong. Esther's flight was two hours late. We were at the wrong terminal. We had no information on her flight outside of her expected arrival time. Esther assumed that her cab driver (which I was supposed to arrange for her) had already left, so she got another cab home. Revo and I waited and waited and watied at the airport (until like 4:45 am!). Finally we left. We got home and found Esther stranded outside of our building because the locks had been changed while she was away. I felt horrible, but Esther was really ok about it all.
2. I leave for Dahab tonight! I'll be there for about 5 days. I am definitely doing some diving. I am definitely getting some sun. I am defintely taking lots of pictures.
3. When I get back from Dahab, I am going to Alexandria for a few days with Esther and Revo. Revo's family has a place in Alex. It should be a fun weekend trip.
4. I am currently in an internet cafe and I just realized that the Egyptian guy sitting next to me is looking at lingerie adds. He caught my attention because he keeps making random comments like "This is very good!" and "Wow!". Creepy. I am leaving soon.
5. My teaching certification is coming along just fine. I should be done by the end of the summer. Yay!
6. I still don't have a job for when I get back. Yikes!
7. I had horrible nightmares last night about being shot and dying and another one about being infected with horrible diseases.

So that's the latest with me. Next time I write it will be from Dahab!

2 comments:

Kareem Henein said...

If you read your post as if it never happened to u, you will definitly laugh. It all sounds crazy & comic! but I am sure there was alot of disappointments and pain.

I hope you have a great time at Dahab, its where you wanted to go for months!! Have fun girl! :)

Tater said...

Please post a few of the Pics!! Would love to see how Dahab looks after all these years.

Thanks